- 2 red capsicums, left whole
- 4 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Centuries Ahead red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Centuries Ahead smoked paprika
- A packet of store-bought gnocchi
Option 1: Heat oven to 250c and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Roast capsicums for about 15/20 minutes, or until charred on all sides. Option 2: Roast your capsicums over a barbecue or gas flame until tender and blackened on all sides. Rest capsicums in a boil and cover with plastic wrap to steam for a few minutes.
Toast almonds over low heat in a dry pan being careful not to burn the nuts. Toast until golden brown and fragrant.
- Uncover capsicums and gently remove charred skin, stems, and seeds. Add to your blender along with toasted almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, chilli flakes and smoked paprika. Blend until creamy and smooth. If you’d like to stretch this sauce further, you can add a tin of chopped tomatoes into the blender.
Cook gnocchi to packet instructions. Once cooked add romesco sauce and gnocchi into the pan to coat. Garnish with fresh herbs.