Home made BBQ sauce
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 teaspoons Centuries Ahead Garlic Granules
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Centuries Ahead Mustard Seeds Yellow
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauces (substitute soy sauce for a vegan version)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Centuries Ahead Himalayan Pink Salt Fine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil till transparent and tender. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, salt, worcestershire sauce (or soy), canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for around 30 minutes.
If you’d like a smooth sauce you can now puree the sauce in your blender.
Recipe makes around two cups of sauce. Keeps in a jar in the fridge for around a week.