The Colonel wouldn’t tell us his 11 secret herbs and spices, so we had to go it alone.
Our Southern Fried Chicken seasoning is as close to the real deal as possible, some say its even better!
Making southern fried chicken using our seasoning couldn’t be easier;
- Take 600ml of Buttermilk and add 1 tablespoon of salt, whisk to combine.
- Marinate chicken pieces in buttermilk brine overnight. This helps make the chicken tender and juicy.
- Remove chicken from brine and discard the brine (you can keep a small amount of brine to add to the seasoning which helps make crunchy pieces on the chicken).
- For every 1kg of chicken use 100g of Southern fried chicken seasoning as breading, if you kept some brine add 2 tablespoons per 100g of seasoning and massage in.
- Once chicken is coated in seasoning fry it off (shallow or deep fry).